||[Oct. 31st, 2002|10:52 pm]
Okay. I didn't get everything finished that I would have liked, but I'm going to lay some rules down for myself to make sure my perfectionist doesn't make me procrastinate.
Quota: 2000 words/day
Things NOT to do before reaching daily quota:
- Any editing or revision. Turn off the red and green squiggly lines on Word. If blocked, write white on white.
- Any research. If there's something unknown, fluff it until you've reached the quota, THEN, if you absolutely need to, look it up.
- Look at LJ, NaNo forums, e-mail or ANY website.
- Have a nervous breakdown.
- Talk to anyone online.
Things TO do before writing.
- Take a hot shower to relax and think about the story.
- Write a journal entry to clear out my mind of other stuff.
- Grab a bunch of snacks and stack them around me.
Things to do after quota is reached:
- Jump out of my chair and yell "Halleluja!"
- Write a future plot point.
- Read/Watch some Horatio Hornblower.
I don't know why I'm so nervous. I think it comes from everyone else being so nervous. I know I can do it. I used to write 2000 words/day all the time. And that was WITH editing while I wrote and all of that.